Monday, June 14, 2010

FOLLOWING GOD’S DIRECTION…IT’S A PROCESS.


Hello Daughters of a King,

I have been facing my fears, getting out of my comfort zone, and pressing on toward the purpose God has for my life.

Let me tell you, following God’s direction has not been easy….it’s a process. The process can be a painful one at times, when God has to refine the areas of your life that were so comfortable, which were holding you back from moving forward toward your purpose. The process can be a joyful one at times, when you are seeing the hand of God working in your life and blessing you in every aspect of your life. You can probably relate when I say been there, done that, and still going through it!

How do I follow God's direction? By trusting in the Lord with all my heart, not depending on my own understanding, seeking HIS will in all I do and know HE will show me which path to take (Proverbs 3:5-6).

I found this picture of a woman praying (see picture above) because prayer is very important to me in following God’s direction. I want to do so many things, but through prayer and fasting with purpose, God provides me the direction that I should go in my life.

How to have effective prayer life? By asking, seeking, and knocking. The bible says “…keep on asking, and you will receive what you are asking for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you.” (Luke 11:9-10). I have to say asking, seeking, and knocking does not happen overnight, it is a process. Honestly, it is still a process for me.

Besides prayer and fasting, I thank God for leaving us the Holy Spirit and the Bible (the word of God) for us to follow and receive direction for our lives.

• The Bible says regarding the Holy Spirit “But the Comforter, the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things. And He will cause you to recall everything I have told you.” (John 14:26).
 
• The Bible says regarding the Bible “All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right.” (2 Timothy 3:16).

My prayer to all of you is no matter where you are in the process; always remember that you are not alone. We are women of purpose! We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! (Philippians 4:13).

God Bless You Always,
Maria Guzman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bienvenida

Ministerio Hijas de un Rey es un blog para Mujeres Cristianas. Enfocando en compartiendo las experiencias de la vida para edificar a otras a traves de la Palabra de Dios, fortaleciendo nuestra Fe y ayudarnos a tener una relación más cercana con Jesús, Nuestro Rey.



Welcome

Daughters of a King Ministry is a blog for Christian Women. Focusing on sharing life's experiences and edify others through the Word of God, strengthening our Faith and help us have a closer relationship with Jesus, our King.