Monday, February 22, 2010

RESTING IN THE PRESENCE OF THE LORD!


Hello Ladies,

When I first wrote this blog, I was going through something, not sure what it was, but it was something.

Look at the picture above, wouldn’t you like this opportunity to just sit at the bench, breathe in the fresh air and being outdoors, while resting in peace and quiet? I know I would!

This reminded me of our first time camping last year; we set up camp and sat by the campfire, here is a picture of our campfire site…


While we were sitting there eating marshmallows, my husband says to us, “What do you hear?”. The kids and I looked at each other and listened, it was peace and quiet. Ahhh, what a relief!

“Feeling” tranquil? Reminding myself of this moment, I can imagine and “feel” so relaxed!

Ok, what was I saying, o yeah…Resting in the presence of the Lord! As I already mentioned, I was going through something, but wasn’t sure what it was. All I know is I was “feeling” too tired and needed rest. I know God gives us only what we can handle (1 Corinthians 10:13), but I was “feeling” the opposite.

It was in my heart, that after receiving these words “Resting in the presence of the Lord” that I needed to write this for the blog, even though I was going through it at the time, I needed to write about it because I know that someone out there needs to know they’re not alone during this time of seeking REST.

During this time, I was getting worried and stressed out about organizing my life for His purpose. Organizing was never an issue growing up, but as an adult with family…it has not been easy. I was praying for His rest, and was reminded of a scripture that says “…Come to me all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens and I will give you rest.” (Matthew 11:28). All I can say when I read this scripture is “I RECEIVE IT!”

I needed rest, the kind of rest where I can refresh my spirit. There is a season and/or time in life when there is a need to “recharge the batteries”. To “recharge my batteries”, I continued to pray, meditate on the Word of God, and one day a scripture spoke deeply to my heart, “Be still and know that I am God; …” (Psalm 46:10). This verse strongly tells me to BE STILL in His presence with confidence and trust knowing He is in FULL control and is above ALL things. No circumstance, nothing I mean nothing, is impossible for God to help me through!

Finally after accepting what this scripture revealed to me, I started to realize God does provide REST when you come to Him with an open heart to receive it! Thank you Lord for providing me the REST, I was so much in need of! Ladies, if you are going through this need of REST in your life, be still and know God is there for you to help you through!

Until next time, take care and God bless you always…
See below for Scripture Reference, Dictionary Reference, Prayer, and a Poem

Scripture Reference
Psalm 46:10, Matthew 11:28; 1 Corinthians 10:13

Dictionary Reference
The word “rest” in the dictionary means…a state of quiet or repose; peace; and to be quiet or still.

Prayer
Lord Jesus, All I can say is Thank you for providing me rest while in Your presence. It was not easy to be still at times, but the more I seek Your presence, the more rest I received. I pray for all the women reading this blog that are looking for rest, that they may ask, seek, and knock for Your presence where you can provide the REST needed to continue on the journey of life. In the name of Jesus, Amen.

A poem inspired by the Holy Spirit to share with you,

RESTING IN THE PRESENCE OF THE LORD

Resting in His Presence is the best place to be;

A place where you can build a relationship with Him;

A place where you can share the desires of your heart;

A place where you can hand over your worries and cares;
 
A place where you can depend on Him to give you rest;
 
A place where you can receive comfort and peace;

A place where you can receive strength and wisdom;
 
A place where you can receive knowledge and understanding;
 
A place where you can receive courage and motivation to move forward on this journey of life;
 
Resting in His Presence is the best place to be;
 
To grow and mature and fulfill the purpose He has for you and me!

By: Maria Guzman

Please let me know if this message ministered to your heart as it did mine.

Please comment on www.hijasdeunrey.blogspot.com or email me directly at guzbon@gmail.com.
God Bless You Always, Maria Guzman






1 comment:

  1. You are such a talented poet!! Thank you for such beautiful words and a beautiful picture that brought peace to my spirit!!

    ReplyDelete

Bienvenida

Ministerio Hijas de un Rey es un blog para Mujeres Cristianas. Enfocando en compartiendo las experiencias de la vida para edificar a otras a traves de la Palabra de Dios, fortaleciendo nuestra Fe y ayudarnos a tener una relación más cercana con Jesús, Nuestro Rey.



Welcome

Daughters of a King Ministry is a blog for Christian Women. Focusing on sharing life's experiences and edify others through the Word of God, strengthening our Faith and help us have a closer relationship with Jesus, our King.