Friday, January 7, 2011

My Testimony with the Peace of God


“…In everything with prayer and petition with Thanksgiving, present your request to God and the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus…” Philippians 4:6-7

As I write about the peace of God I say Wow! Thank you Lord for your peace, and on a funny note I want to tell you women out there who can’t wait for their children to grow up. Be careful what you wish for. The stress level with adult children is about ten times more than when they are young. LOL.

I found myself on an emotional roller coaster ride ready to hit bottom, but since Jesus is my driver, He always guides me to a safe landing. Thank you God! Honestly I have to say that it has been a year of trials from one extreme to another (Health issues, work issues, and family issues). Each time I have to say that I have dealt with huge anxiety. I am sure I am not alone in this matter that in our walk with God the enemy tries to steal our peace in every way he can. He never quits, but we know greater is HE who is with us than he who is in the world, and we can do all things through God who strengthens us.

At the beginning of my walk with God, I was diagnosed with a deadly bacteria in my blood. I remember being totally confused because I went to the doctor with asthma symptoms, only to find out the news of this diagnosis and got admitted. When my family heard the news, they were devastated. I remember Nancy (who was a member of our church at the time) came to the hospital to see me and sat with me for hours telling me her testimony of faith. Her words were a God send because that was when I first started to put my faith in action. I remember then feeling an indescribable peace in the midst of what I was going through. I believed and rested in HIM. Doctors retested my blood, did Catscans, and performed MRI’s, but found no further trace of the bacteria. Though they sent me home on a one month long antibiotic treatment for reassurance, I knew God had purpose with me.

My faith grew really strong and I now know that there is a lesson to be learned in every trial I face. Even when the enemy throws to destroy, God turns it all for good for those who believe and trust in HIM. It did not end there. I went through the anxiety of a breast cancer threat. I was overwhelmed with the anxiety of cancer and doctors had me going in two different directions. One doctor would say “drain it” and the other would say “no, we have to remove this lump or else”. I was again very confused. I took it to God in prayer and told HIM how I was almost unable to function due to this anxiety that it was taking over my heart. I asked HIM, Please let me feel your Peace! Once again it was indescribable, the morning before the surgery I felt like a brand new person. In the operating room, the nurses would ask me if I was alright and I was amazed at how I was so fearless and calm at that moment.

God is marvelous and I cannot stress enough how great is the peace that comes from HIM. All turned out well, Praise be to God. Hallelujah!

I went through this again with my husband, then my daughter, and then my mother, but God has made me a stronger person through each trial.

At this present moment, I am struggling with sensitivity to a chemical found in foods, detergents, and fragrances that trigger migraine headaches and contaminates the air I breathe, but in the midst of it all I have found that peace that surpasses all understanding. That does not mean I do not cry or feel anxious because I am still here on earth, but it means that I take my tears, my anxiety, my fears to our Father with an open heart knowing there is nothing hidden before HIM and though I know I am nothing without HIM, I rest in HIM knowing my life is in HIS hands and I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

I ask HIM to help me stay strong and firm standing on the solid rock, Jesus. As I walked out of my house the other day, I said to myself, Wow God you are marvelous how can the world possibly live without you? How can we possibly function if it was not for that peace that comes from God? I think of how the people are so devastated looking for comfort in all the wrong places. Some rely on drugs, some unfortunately commit suicide, and some just plainly turn their back on HIM all because they have not learned to cast their cares on God.

He is the fountain of life. If we turn our back on HIM when we need HIM the most, then where do we go? When we go straight to HIM with nothing to hide knowing that we need HIM and cannot do anything without HIM, we experience that inner peace that surpasses all understanding. No matter what you are going through, take it to God confiding and believing that HE will deliver. And even when your surroundings speak differently, rest in HIM and trust in HIM. Believe that behind every trial stands a blessing waiting for those who persevere…”Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.” James 1:12

Prayer
Beloved Father, I pray that your peace remain always in our hearts to help us endure any trial we may have to face and for some of us trials we are currently facing. I pray for those reading this blog that your blessings pour down on them abundantly. For those going through trials, I pray that you help and guide them through and that you lift all anxiety and fill them with your peace. Allow them to see your miraculous hand working in their favor. I know that through you we are more than conquerors. I adore you and I thank you Father. Amen


Be happy and be blessed your sister and friend in Christ,
Zayda Casiano

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Zayda for sharing your testimony with the Peace of God with us. May continue to bless you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU MARIA FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO SHARE MY EXPERIENCES WITH THE LOVE AND GREATNESS OF OUR FATHER GOD THROUGH YOUR WONDERFUL MINISTRY.MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS YOU,ERICA AND FAMILY ABUNDANTELY.LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Thank God for giving me the blessing, to see the wonderful works, he is doing in your life Baby Sister. God is Good, you are a Blessing to me. May you continue being Blessed and full of his peace. Love you, FLOR

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You Baby Sister, for blessing me with your testimony; Is such a joy, to see the wonderful things the Lord is doing in your life.
    May he continue Blessing you and family. Love You Flor

    ReplyDelete

Bienvenida

Ministerio Hijas de un Rey es un blog para Mujeres Cristianas. Enfocando en compartiendo las experiencias de la vida para edificar a otras a traves de la Palabra de Dios, fortaleciendo nuestra Fe y ayudarnos a tener una relación más cercana con Jesús, Nuestro Rey.



Welcome

Daughters of a King Ministry is a blog for Christian Women. Focusing on sharing life's experiences and edify others through the Word of God, strengthening our Faith and help us have a closer relationship with Jesus, our King.