Monday, August 23, 2010

THERE IS A TIME FOR EVERYTHING!


“There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:” Ecclesiastes 3:1

Do you believe there is a time for everything? The correct answer is YES!!! There is a time for everything!!! Did I always believe that there was time for everything? NO!

I felt I didn’t have time for anything…my time management skills went out the window…I said yes to everything and then I would stress myself out figuring out how I can do everything that I said yes to.

I was feeling overwhelmed all the time and one day…I kicked and screamed and complained…I definitely had my own pity party…That did not get me anywhere, but more exhausted and frustrated…I went on my knees to pray for God to help me organize my time, so that I can have time for everything.

God reassured me that I was not alone and that HE would help me through this…and take me on a process…to mold me in that area…geez, molding processes are tough!…but at the end of the process, it only makes you grow. God showed me not to say yes to everything that comes my way. When I read the scripture “There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:” Ecclesiastes 3:1.” and started to meditate on it…it made me realize that I can have time for everything…but I needed to practice managing my time and with the wisdom that only God provides, I was reminded that everything has its own season!

I also had referred back to a blog that I wrote, called “De-stress your life!” The blog talks about ways to de-stress, but it also can be used for time management. Here are some examples: 1. Pray (“…without ceasing” 1 Thessalonians 5:17), 2. Prioritize/Organize (have a “things to do” list and a calendar/agenda), 3. Balance (read Ecclesiastes 3), 4. Set realistic goals (which means real goals that you can actually commit to and accomplish).

If you are facing difficulties with time management, please understand that you are not the only one. Pray for guidance on prioritizing and organizing your time. It is a process, so please be patient. If you don’t have patience, “…ask our generous God, and He will give it to you…” (James 1:5)

Remember God gave us 24 hours in a day; use them wisely!

Lord Jesus, I thank you for helping me with managing my time. I pray for the women who are reading this blog that they may come to you and ask for guidance on how to use their time wisely. I know it will be a process for them, but I trust in You and You alone to help them obtain the victory of time management. In the Name of Jesus, Amen.

God bless you always,
Maria Guzman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bienvenida

Ministerio Hijas de un Rey es un blog para Mujeres Cristianas. Enfocando en compartiendo las experiencias de la vida para edificar a otras a traves de la Palabra de Dios, fortaleciendo nuestra Fe y ayudarnos a tener una relación más cercana con Jesús, Nuestro Rey.



Welcome

Daughters of a King Ministry is a blog for Christian Women. Focusing on sharing life's experiences and edify others through the Word of God, strengthening our Faith and help us have a closer relationship with Jesus, our King.