Monday, July 12, 2010

SOW YOUR SEEDS…AND REAP THE HARVEST OF BLESSINGS! ~PART 2~

“…what you sow does not come to life unless it dies.” 1 Corinthians 15:36

Welcome again to the blog “Hijas de un Rey/Daughters of a King ”. In this 4 part series, I want to speak on the topic, “…what you sow does not come to life unless it dies.” … hmm!! How interesting … right??

Why I chose this topic, I will tell you, one day I was reading the Bible and this Biblical passage caught my attention, and curiously, although we know that in God there are no coincidences, My sister in Christ and friend Marie, called me, and while we were talking the topic of a tree she planted last year together with his husband. Meanwhile while we are talking, she comments; “you know that when one sows a tree, seed or any plant, the process of this plant that is first has to die and then it lives and develops. And I said to her; wow... Marie you are not going to believe it, but I just read this Biblical passage (1 Corinthians 15:36) and you have just described it to me… then both of us laugh and Marie asks me, “And you, did you die?

Today I will ask you the same question ... And you, did you die?

The life before Christ is simply, Death. Although we are alive physically we are dead in the most essential, in the spiritual. And although it seems like something strong to hear and I know that many people perhaps could not understand this, it is that simple. We have life when we come to the ways of the Lord Jesus! John 14:6 “Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”

How interesting the word of God is, it specifies in Hebrews 4:11-12 “Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will fall by following their example of disobedience. For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.”

Definitively there are ways that we do not know and our thoughts are not the God's thoughts. Isaiah 55:8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD.”

Why do I refer to these verses? Walking with God is beautiful, at least for me it is. It is, as always mentioned in every blog I write, is a growth process and, furthermore, within reach to learn more about God.

Now, I want to talk about and relate all this with "The Ministry" ... Years ago I had several dreams where I was giving birth. Almost always my midwife or doctor was Jesus. How nice .... Right! And in that time could not understand, I just was waiting ... The time has come, I'm with the "birthing pains" the beginning of the ministry ... I have noticed that I am in the process. And as I mentioned earlier, "I did die" not spiritually, but carnally (my ego). Less than me, more of you, Lord. I'm like Psalm 1:3 He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers. I only ask God to help me and my eyes are always on him, with everything I do.

The time has come it is a time to revive … to give life. Today I ask you in what state of gestation you are, you are ready to revive, to give fruits or to reap the harvest … The seed was planted, fertilized and cared for, now it is your time to harvest.

“I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow.” 1 Corinthians 3:6

*So reap the harvest*
Blessings and move forward in the Lord
Your sister and friend
~ Erika Gonzalez ~

3 comments:

  1. Amen! Love this topic and God bless you in your journey as you are heading in the perfect will of God. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen!! Thank you for your comment. God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe the answer to this question is i did die but i know that many times in many ways even when its only with a wrong thought i fail but each day i also pray. please GOD LET there be less of me and more of you and allow me to give testimony where ever i go that you live in me because MY SOUL DESIRE IS TO PLEASE YOU AND FOREVER WORSHIP YOU . AMEN AWESOME TOPIC MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS YOU .

    ReplyDelete

Bienvenida

Ministerio Hijas de un Rey es un blog para Mujeres Cristianas. Enfocando en compartiendo las experiencias de la vida para edificar a otras a traves de la Palabra de Dios, fortaleciendo nuestra Fe y ayudarnos a tener una relación más cercana con Jesús, Nuestro Rey.



Welcome

Daughters of a King Ministry is a blog for Christian Women. Focusing on sharing life's experiences and edify others through the Word of God, strengthening our Faith and help us have a closer relationship with Jesus, our King.