Monday, May 10, 2010

WALK BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT!


“For we walk by faith, not by sight” 2 Corinthians 5:7

Since the days of Spring are upon us…I decided to walk home from work. I was enjoying the time outside, breathing in the fresh air and the breeze that comes along with the spring season.

As I was walking home, similar to the lady in the picture above, I started to think to myself. Which foot do I start walking on?? I never thought to ask myself this question, but I did, LOL. I start walking with my right foot…Which foot do you start walking on?? I think this will have you getting up from your seat and finding out for yourself, LOL!! (I have to share this…Isaiah (my son) was reading this paragraph and actually tried it out…it was funny to see, he starts walking with his right foot too!)

After the funny thought of my physical walk, I started to think of my spiritual walk. My spiritual walk consists of walking forward. There is no benefit to walking backward. It will only take me toward my past. Who really wants to go back to the past, I know I don’t. Walking forward has many benefits. You can focus your eyes on what lies ahead. You can see (with caution) the stumbling blocks and use the detour road(s) Jesus provides. (HE always provides you a way out of a situation).

Since I have been talking about walking, Peter (from the Bible) comes to mind during the occasion when Jesus walks on water toward the boat and Peter asks to walk on the water toward him. He used his mustard seed faith to walk on the water. However, when he looked down to see with doubt in his eyes his walk; he started to sink in the water. That is why the scripture “For we walk by faith, not by sight” really came to mind.

I thought about this scripture and what it means in my life…It means to walk with my mustard seed faith, trust in the promises God has for my life and even if I don’t see the promises yet, KEEP WALKING!!! All Peter had to do was keep walking forward by faith and focus his eyes on our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We all should learn from this example…walk forward in faith and focus on the Lord!

Walking by faith, not by sight is a process...always remember Jesus did not leave us alone to fend for ourselves, he left the Holy Spirit to guide us through the process. Thank you Lord!

Prayer
Lord Jesus, I pray for all the women who have read this blog. That they may increase their mustard seed faith and not lose sight of their purposes and promises you have for each and every one of them. In the name of Jesus, Amen.

Bible Scripture Reference
2 Corinthians 5:7, Matthew 14:22-36

Dictionary Reference
The word “WALK” in the dictionary means to advance by steps, to come or go easily or readily, and to pursue a course of action or a way of life.

Bible Dictionary Reference
The word “WALK” in the Bible Dictionary means to roam, advance by steps, and to pursue a course of action or a way of life.

God bless,
Maria Guzman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bienvenida

Ministerio Hijas de un Rey es un blog para Mujeres Cristianas. Enfocando en compartiendo las experiencias de la vida para edificar a otras a traves de la Palabra de Dios, fortaleciendo nuestra Fe y ayudarnos a tener una relación más cercana con Jesús, Nuestro Rey.



Welcome

Daughters of a King Ministry is a blog for Christian Women. Focusing on sharing life's experiences and edify others through the Word of God, strengthening our Faith and help us have a closer relationship with Jesus, our King.