Friday, January 1, 2010

NEW YEAR MEANS NEW BEGINNINGS!



Happy New Year and Welcome to the “Hijas del Rey / Daughters of a King” blog!

This New Year really means New Beginnings for me.

I honestly did not want to share this one because I was embarrassed to, but my niece advised me to do so….so here it is. Thank you Becky!

I want to share with you why I say “This New Year really means New Beginnings”. About a month ago, we chose the “Up” movie for our “movie night”. If you have never watched this movie, please stop reading this blog and watch the movie first (unpaid announcement).

Believe it or not, I cried throughout the whole movie. The reason why I did is because the couple in the picture above where so very young when they met. They had dreams and goals and adventures that they wanted to accomplish. One problem after another, they could not complete them. The woman showed a journal where she wanted to write all of her accomplishments, goals, dreams, and adventures. Unfortunately, she died before she can do some of them. However, after the wife died, the husband continued and fulfilled what his wife couldn’t.

I cried when this happened. Normally during my crying fits watching the movies, Flor and the kids would laugh at me, but this time they didn’t, this time was different for me and them. They would look at me and not say a word. I was glad in a way because I did not want to explain at the moment what was happening to me.

The reason why I was crying was because she died before she could complete all of her accomplishments, goals, dreams, and adventures and her husband completed them for her. I was watching this movie not with my carnal eyes, but with my spiritual eyes. I kept saying to myself, I don’t want this to happen to me. This was a real wakeup call for me. It really showed me I cannot hold back anymore. The bible says Psalm 138:8 “The Lord will work out his plans for my life—for your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever…” I want to press on toward the goal (God’s purpose). This year, I’m not holding back, I’m going to do everything God wants me to do. No matter what!

I pray that all of you who read this blog will also get the same wake up call I did. We cannot hold back any longer. We all have a purpose God wants us to complete. We can start this New Year with New Beginnings. Would you like to join me?

God Bless You Always,
Maria Guzman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bienvenida

Ministerio Hijas de un Rey es un blog para Mujeres Cristianas. Enfocando en compartiendo las experiencias de la vida para edificar a otras a traves de la Palabra de Dios, fortaleciendo nuestra Fe y ayudarnos a tener una relación más cercana con Jesús, Nuestro Rey.



Welcome

Daughters of a King Ministry is a blog for Christian Women. Focusing on sharing life's experiences and edify others through the Word of God, strengthening our Faith and help us have a closer relationship with Jesus, our King.