Friday, May 6, 2011

A Mother with Authority


Hi, or should I say God Bless, yes!!! God Bless sounds much better as Mothers we can use all the blessing possible that are sent our way.

Well it’s been more than a month since my last blog, and today I want to talk about something a little different. It’s a little different because my focus today is not on the children – it’s on us the mother, the women that we are and forgot we are because of the children. In our daily life as a mother, a wife, a worker we tend to forget about us and when we forget about us – of whom we are as women we become what everyone around us wants us to be. I don’t know about you, but when I can’t be whom I was created to be and function in my full potential as a woman I become weary, tired, frustrated, and even discouraged.

So today I want to encourage you, I want to let you know that you are valued, you are special, important, you are not defined by what titles you have, like (mother, wife, worker or whatever title was placed on you) you are defined by what God says about you, and I don’t know about you but when I read how God defines me as a woman, as his daughter, it give me peace.

As women we go through so many changes, so many challenges in life and the worst of it is feeling defeated, tired and frustrated by everything that is going on around us. To see that you prayed, to see that you have worked so hard at home or at your job and nothing seems to change. At times it seems as though no one even cares about you or about how much you pour out to the family, the job, the community, and yes even ministry. (I don’t know about you but just writing it down makes me tired, frustrated and let’s be honest angry Ugh!!!).

It’s tiring.

Just letting out some steam for me and for you!!!

But let me tell you what I have learned over the years, this happens more often when I take my eyes off of the prize and just look at the race that is before me. When I start to look at man instead of looking at God, every time I take my eyes off of Jesus I start to feel the weight of it all, the weight of the day, the weight of the family, the home, the job, the chores, the ministry, and even the things I like to do. So I have to remind myself, what the scripture says in Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is Jesus Christ you are serving. I always remember this verse when I feel unappreciated by those I serve, when I get tired of serving them, when I get frustrated and feel defeated I start to remember that God is looking down at me and he sees what I’m going through and how I feel about what is happening to me, and he starts to change my focus from what is going on at the moment to what is waiting for me at the end of the day (My inheritance).

I don’t know about you but I have seen movies where someone received an inheritance, but couldn’t get it until they did some things that was required of them, things they didn’t want to do and to top it off, they couldn’t tell anyone about it and no one understood why they did what they did. This is how I see it we are promised an inheritance, but with it comes some conditions and we have to do them even when we don’t like it, but remember there is a prize at the end of this journey, so hold strong to what is ahead.

If you’re tired, ask God for rest

If you’re frustrated, ask God for peace

If you’re angry, ask God for joy

If you feel defeated ask God to show you your victory
 
If you don’t know what else to do, just stand and wait on the Lord for he will see you through everything life throws at you, for he said I will never leave you or forsake you, I’ll be with you always till the end of your day.

I don’t know about you but this gives me strength to go on one more day, and that’s all we have to do live one day at a time.
 
Till next time- A mother with Authority
Eve.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Bienvenida

Ministerio Hijas de un Rey es un blog para Mujeres Cristianas. Enfocando en compartiendo las experiencias de la vida para edificar a otras a traves de la Palabra de Dios, fortaleciendo nuestra Fe y ayudarnos a tener una relación más cercana con Jesús, Nuestro Rey.



Welcome

Daughters of a King Ministry is a blog for Christian Women. Focusing on sharing life's experiences and edify others through the Word of God, strengthening our Faith and help us have a closer relationship with Jesus, our King.