Monday, August 16, 2010

THE LORD WILL GIVE YOU YOUR HEART’S DESIRE!

“Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you your heart’s desires.” Psalm 37:4

Hello Ladies,

When I wrote the “Stay connected with the Lord at all times!” blog, it was also giving me a reminder of how to stay connected with the Lord. Since then, I have been following the five steps (1. prayer and fasting, 2. reading the scripture, 3. be still and silent, 4. be obedient, and 5. praise and worship.). Having done so, things started to change in my life.

There is one example that really comes to mind. Before I tell you, I want to ask you a question. Did you ever have a desire in your heart, and thought that it would not come to pass, so you forgot about it? I did. It was in my heart, for years, to complete my Associates Degree in Business Administration. I stopped taking courses for a while; I went on to Bible Institute. Last year, I officially graduated with high honors from Bible Institute, but it was still in my heart to finish my Associate’s Degree too! I don’t know about you, but I want to finish what I start. Yes, I started taking college courses before my kids were born, and still it is in my heart to finish.

Well, now you know the background info…LOL, I’m getting back to the example on how things started to change in my life. A couple of weeks ago, a co-worker (out of the blue) asked me “Are you going to school still?”. I answered with “No”. The co-worker replied “Oh, so you finished your degree, right?”. I answered with “No, not yet”. The co-worker replied, “Well you should!”. I was overjoyed with this conversation. It reminded me of the stored desire I had in my heart and the scripture (“Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you your heart’s desire Psalm 37:4”) came to mind.

I prayed about it and asked God to confirm it…The very next morning; I bump into a classmate (also a co-worker) from college. The classmate asks me “Are you going to school still?”. I answered with “No”. The co-worker replied “Oh, so you finished your degree, right?”. I answered with “No, not yet”. I told her I just had this conversation with another co-worker just the day before. The co-worker replied, “Well you should go back to college!”. I will always know that God always answers prayers in His Perfect Timing!

I have to make you laugh. Just yesterday of me writing this blog, I bumped into another classmate and guess what she asked me…you guessed it…“Are you going to school still?”. I answered with “No, not yet”. The classmate replied, “Well you should go back to college!”. Thank you Lord, for reminding me of my heart’s desire!

Why I’m telling you this? It’s because sometimes we have desires in our hearts that we keep for storage in our hearts and the doubt of completing them sets in. Well, I’m casting the doubt out of my mind and heart and taking a stand and with the Lord’s help, I’m going to start taking a college course starting Fall 2010.

I encourage you to stay connected with the Lord and do not lose heart on the desires of your heart. Remember “Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you your heart’s desires.” Psalm 37:4

God bless you always!
Maria Guzman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bienvenida

Ministerio Hijas de un Rey es un blog para Mujeres Cristianas. Enfocando en compartiendo las experiencias de la vida para edificar a otras a traves de la Palabra de Dios, fortaleciendo nuestra Fe y ayudarnos a tener una relación más cercana con Jesús, Nuestro Rey.



Welcome

Daughters of a King Ministry is a blog for Christian Women. Focusing on sharing life's experiences and edify others through the Word of God, strengthening our Faith and help us have a closer relationship with Jesus, our King.