Monday, May 24, 2010

TRUST IN THE LORD


“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways submit to him and he will make your paths straight.” Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust, this topic has given me the opportunity to express what I am constantly telling my children in their times of trials and tribulations.

Trust in God for even in adversity his powerful hand is over you. Allow yourself to learn through this trial what He is trying to teach you. Stand strong for a better futures lies ahead of you.

I had a difficult childhood. All I can remember is food was on the table, but mostly alone time. My mother was abused by my father, so she fled to the United States with five children in order to be with her mother and give us a better life.

Two years later, my grandmother passed away, so my mother brought us up the best way she knew how. She had to leave us alone during the night in order to work second shift and put food on the table.

My older brother, who grew bitter, from the entire change took it out on us. We experienced physical and emotional abuse at a young age.

We all left home very early trying to escape the loneliness we felt, not knowing then, that God would have been the only one able to fill that void. We looked for love elsewhere.

I trusted the man, who later became the father of my children, because he listened to me and gave me the attention I was lacking. But, when I opened up my heart to him, I only experienced hurt and abuse (both physical and verbal). I did not know who to turn to, so for years, I suffered in silence. I lived in New Jersey and my family moved to Connecticut.

My older sister, whom at a young age, had a lot of faith in God and would say to me “pray Zayda pray”.

One day in a moment of desperation, when I felt the world was caving in on me, and I called out to God on my knees and I can say now that the verse Jeremiah 33:3 “call on me and I will answer you..” became real. That was the beginning of my personal relationship with my Lord and Savior, only I didn’t know it yet. I left my kid’s father and my life changed.

It was a long and painful process but I kept praying. Later I surrendered my life, heart and soul to the Lord and he began the healing process. Like the vase in the potter’s hand, there was fire I had to go through but he made me new. He taught me how to love myself first so I can love others and taught me how to forgive and understand those who hurt me. How to trust in Him, be patient, and how to open up to others again. Even if they let me down, He still remains at my side. Everyday is a learning experience for spiritual growth.

He has blessed my life and healed my soul. He is my strength and my refuge in whom shall I fear? “Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord whose confidence is in him.” Jeremiah 17:7

I have placed my Trust in the Lord!

To him be the glory! Today I am blessed with a wonderful husband, three children, and three granddaughters and I am a daughter of Church of God Center of Life (594 Harral Avenue Bridgeport, CT), my Pastors Bishop Hector and Rev. Yolanda Hernandez whom have been a great blessing in my life through their spiritual teachings and prayers. God bless them!

There are moments in our lives when we feel like we are in a dark place with no way out. We feel an overwhelming anxiety and desperation to the point of sometimes wishing that life would end, as I just shared with you. I have been there but through it all. I learned to trust God. Through prayer, hearing the Word, and allowing it to minister to your life, you will receive emotional healing and experience an inner peace and joy that is without understanding and you will be able to stand still and know that God has you in the palm of his hand.

All that the enemy throws to destroy, God will turn it all for good. When no one else cares, He cares. You have to believe that no matter the desert you have to go through, He is and forever will be with you. It will be a process, but if you never give up, He will carry you through. God loves you unconditionally (John 3:16), so trust and keep pushing on and you will see his miraculous hand working in your favor. Trust God will all your heart and all your soul and watch how happier you become and how you’ll see life with different eyes.

Prayer
My wonderful and Almighty Father I pray that you open the eyes of the heart of those who are in need of your love so that they can see you in their lives like I have seen you in mine. That they can always trust you will never abandon them. May they receive peace and joy that overflows their lives in a special way. I love you and Thank you for all that you are, for all that you do, and all that you will continue to do. Amen.

“You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD, is the Rock eternal.” Isaiah 26:3-4


Love from your sister and friend,
Zayda Casiano

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bienvenida

Ministerio Hijas de un Rey es un blog para Mujeres Cristianas. Enfocando en compartiendo las experiencias de la vida para edificar a otras a traves de la Palabra de Dios, fortaleciendo nuestra Fe y ayudarnos a tener una relación más cercana con Jesús, Nuestro Rey.



Welcome

Daughters of a King Ministry is a blog for Christian Women. Focusing on sharing life's experiences and edify others through the Word of God, strengthening our Faith and help us have a closer relationship with Jesus, our King.