Sunday, January 31, 2010

True Love IV


True Love
~ I am Worthy of God’s Love ~ I am worth a lot in the eyes of God ~
7If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. 8This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.

9"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love.
John 15; 7-10




*** Love ***


In this last part of this blog titled “True Love”, I want to share with you some of my personal experiences, and explain why I chose this topic.

The more I spoke of love, the more I realize how little I knew about it; I give thanks to my God for teaching me everyday to learn how to love myself. It may sound a bit ironic, but that's God, He uses any way to show his love and infinite mercy.

In addition to being guided by the Holy Spirit, this has also been a personal teaching for my secular and spiritual life. I am a type of person that like to share my experiences with others, I like helping people and motivate them. That's why I'm sharing this topic with you.

Since I was little, my mom would take us, my older brother and I to church. We regularly attended to a Baptist Church, where my grandmother used to go. We were raised in Christian-based. Thanks to them, we grew up with fear of God in our lives (hearts).

Over time I could say I became a "Sundayer" only went to church most Sundays, I entered and left Church the same way I came in. When I was 27 years old, my mother died of cancer, she was only 47 years of old. One month later, my husband and I separated and I stayed by myself with two little girls who were depending, according to my carnal eyes totally on me on. With a woman who feared God, but did not know HIM, and at that time felt that the pillars of her life, which was supported by "my mom and my husband" had collapsed (because I did not know God).

Over time many things happened in my life, walked blindly doing what in my humanity believed it was best for me and my daughters, because I was still walking without knowing Jesus. Sometimes I attended Church, because I always liked going for the devotional and Sunday school classes, but yet again, I came in and left the same way I came in. It was a very difficult time for me, I cried a lot, (although I am crier by nature) I felt alone and helpless, but during all of this, I had to stay strong for my daughters.

Three years had passed and my situation apparently seemed well, I believe it was survival instinct that each of us has, which made me see things normal, or rather used to the situation. But, here comes my True Love... the relief of my life, that took me out of the mud and mire, set my feet upon a rock, and gave me new name, whom saw me, extended his hand of love and mercy, when nobody else saw me, when nobody else loved me ... Jesus, My True love!!

I remember one day a thought came to my mind/heart, and said I'm going to start going to church on Tuesday night (night of prayer and intercession) which I never used to go. So I did, and I remember that the message was from Psalm 23, a psalm that almost everyone knows by heart, but for me that day was a divine intervention from heaven, it impacted me so much the teaching that night.!

In particular verse 4 which says, "Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.”. The Lord, through the Holy Spirit, and my Pastora (Pastor’s wife), whom I love very much, made me understand that verse, not just that he loves me, but everything works for good, that the only thing He wanted was for Me to know him and have a personal experience with Him, and just as the prodigal son I would return home. And I did!

I would have liked to continue talking about my personal experience, but it would take a long time and I could write a book (I also would like to add that after 3 years I returned with my husband, and today after 5 years we are still together, thank God).

After my encounter with Jesus that night I put my life on his hands ...

We know that being Christian is a process, a process of growth and maturity, that we are not going to be perfect just beacause that one day we took the correct decision to accept Jesus as our savior... That is really where the process begins.

I've learned a lot on behalf of God, but there still a lot for me to learn. And loving like God loves is what I would call a very important part of the process. I considered myself to be a fiendly & good person, "good" only God is good, and I also believed that love was something natural in us. And Yes love is in us, but we have to put it into practice ... God's Love!

James 1; 2-4 says;
2Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

These verses tell us about the test, patience and the process to become perfect, complete without lacking anything. Meaning to say that when we enter a test or when God let us go thru a trial, is because we lack something, and God in his infinite love will give us what we need, what will complete us. This is also how God showed me, through a test ,that I was lacking love, love of God in my life not only for others but also for myself. The fruit of love ...

This is how God and the His Holy Spirit makes me eager to write this beautiful theme of "True Love" it’s a nice way of God to minister to my life and yours too.

Remember God is Love... He is your True Love... Share with others and do not forget to love yourself so you can love your neighbor, your family, your spouse, your children, your co-worker and even your enemy. Love them with God's Love ... Love that does not judge, but...listens, waits, forgives and goes beyond :)


I invite you to ask yourself these questions:

1. What does God want to teach me in this test that I’m going through?
2. Am I reflecting the love of God in my life?

Read: 1 Corinthians 13

Prayer:
I thank you Lord on this day for your infinite love, thank you for opening my spiritual eyes and showing me with love, what is missing in my life. Help me to be a doer of your word and put all the things you teach me into practice. In the name of your beloved son, Jesus, Amen.

Remember the Christian character is produced by The Holy Spirit, not by self effort!

Thank you for your attention!



May God continue to bless you….your sister and friend
***** Erika Gonzalez*****

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I so truly enjoyed it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI MARI GOD BLESS YOU. I WANTED TO COMMENT HOW JUST LIKE OUR SISTER ERICA I ALSO FOUND TRUE LOVE WHEN I HAD THAT WONDERFUL ENCOUNTER WITH OUR GOD. I NEVER KNEW WHAT IT WAS TO FEEL LOVED COMING FROM A VERY DIS FUNCTIONAL FAMILY .DIVORCE MOM WITH 5 CHILDREN IT WASN'T EASY. SHE HAD TO WORK NIGHTS TO PUT FOOD ON THE TABLE, LEAVING US WITH MY OLDER BROTHER WHO TOOK OUT ON US ALL HIS FRUSTRATIONS AND PAIN HE FELT FOR HAVING TO WALK OUT ON MY FATHER IN P.R. BECAUSE HE ABUSED MY MOTHER. BEING TRAUMATIZED BY THAT ABUSE I FOUND COMFORT IN A MAN WHOM I LATER HAD MY THREE CHILDREN WITH , ONLY TO EXPERIENCE VERBAL , EMOTIONAL AND PHYSICAL ABUSE ONCE AGAIN. JESUS HAS FILLED THE VOID THAT I ONCE HAD HE GAVE ME EMOTIONAL HEALING AND THOUGH HE HAS BLESSED ME WITH A VERY LOVING HUSBAND TODAY, I KNOW THAT NO ONE LOVES ME LIKE HE DOES . HE HAS MADE ME THE PERSON I AM TODAY . I WORSHIP HIM WITH ALL MY HEART AND SOUL HE TAUGHT ME HOW TO LOVE AND BE LOVED. I DO OPEN UP TO SAY THAT I STILL PRAY FOR HIM TO HELP ME BE ABLE TO EXPRESS MORE FREELY MY LOVE TORWARDS OTHERS ESPECIALLY MY HUSBAND ,CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN.BUT I MUST SAY THAT HE HAS BROUGHT ME TO HIGHER GROUNDS. THE HONOR AND GLORY BE TO HIM. I ALSO WANTED TO EXPRESS HOW GOD BLESSED ME IN SUCH A SPECIAL WAY WHEN HE ALLOWED ME TO WALK THROUGH THE DOORS OF THIS WONDERFUL CHURCH WHERE WE ATTEND TODAY FOR IT HAS BEEN THERE THAT GOD HAS GIVEN ME PHYSICAL EMOTINAL AND SPIRITUAL HEALING. MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS OUR PASTORS [YOLANDA AND HECTOR] WITH ALL THE BLESSINGS FROM ABOVE .
    . GOODNIGHT AND GOD BLESS ......................LOVE ZAYDA

    ReplyDelete

Bienvenida

Ministerio Hijas de un Rey es un blog para Mujeres Cristianas. Enfocando en compartiendo las experiencias de la vida para edificar a otras a traves de la Palabra de Dios, fortaleciendo nuestra Fe y ayudarnos a tener una relación más cercana con Jesús, Nuestro Rey.



Welcome

Daughters of a King Ministry is a blog for Christian Women. Focusing on sharing life's experiences and edify others through the Word of God, strengthening our Faith and help us have a closer relationship with Jesus, our King.